Date: August 5-9, 2019
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Church of Reconciliation, 110 South Elliott Road in Chapel Hill
- For singers enrolled in our 2019-2020 ensembles, the cost is $400 — this includes a $150 deposit toward the year.
- For singers attending camp only, the cost is $300.
Camp is a great opportunity for singers to get to know each other and feel connected. They also begin to build skills they’ll need all year long, as well as build confidence by helping singers build skills and also engendering a sense of community and support. At camp we sing a lot! We will also:
- build musical skills (rhythm, pitch, score reading, sight reading) and performance skills (stage presence, filling the entire space with our voices).
- learn how to memorize (what?? we’re going to sing a piece in Hawaiian??).
- study the International Phonetic Alphabet and practice sol-fege.
- sing lots and work toward each singer’s ability to carry a canon part on her own.
- dance, play drums, recite poetry, play games, jump rope, do yoga- and tai chi- inspired warm-ups to help us individually and as a group learn to sing better.
Hope to see you there in August!