Camp registration for 2018 is coming! We look forward to a great summer of singing!
All Sisters’ Voices camps and ensembles are led by Artistic Director, Leandra Merea Strope. Instruction is given in ways that are fun and that honor the individuality and integrity of each singer. Summer camps are open on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sisters’ Voices Glee Camp
July 23-27, Chapel Hill
July 30-August 3, Pittsboro
Open to rising 3rd through 6th graders
No choral experience or audition is necessary
Limited number of participants each week
9am-3pm (please inquire about extended times if required)
Working with popular and folk music, we’ll learn the fundamentals of good singing, basics of music reading, and develop performance skills. Singers will work toward vocal independence through practice singing solos and duets with other participants. We’ll end the week with an informal performance on Friday at 2:30.
Please ask Leandra (email@example.com) about our scholarship program.
All singers participating in Sisters’ Voices – Two for the 2018-19 season are strongly urged to come to the week of Cantabile Camp! (Please note! Registering your child for this week of camp also registers her for the year-long SV-Two ensemble.)
(Sisters’ Voices – Three singers will have their own week of camp. Singers will be notified of dates, times, and location, through email.)
August 6-10 for SV-Two space to be announced
August 13-17 for SV-Three at Christ Church, Southern Village, Chapel Hill
9am-3pm (please inquire about extended times)
- build musical skills (rhythm, pitch, score reading, sight reading) and performance skills (stage presence, filling the entire space with our voices).
- learn how to memorize (what?? we’re going to sing a piece in Hawaiian??).
- study the International Phonetic Alphabet and practice sol-fege.
- sing lots and work toward each singer’s ability to carry a canon part on her own.
- dance, play drums, play games, do yoga- and tai chi- inspired warm-ups to help us individually and as a group learn to sing better.
Camp is a great way for singers to get to know each other and feel connected. It also builds confidence by helping singers build skills and by engendering a sense of community and support.
$225/week, plus payment of $150 nonrefundable deposit toward Sisters’ Voices tuition for the year
Please ask Leandra about our scholarship program.
Sisters’ Voices | P.O. Box 1657 | Pittsboro, NC 27312