Sisters’ Voices is a choral community of girls, within which each is known and supported while being challenged to grow as a musician and as a person.
Through excellent vocal and choral training, Sisters’ Voices supports the personal growth of each singer. In a moment when faced with an audience of one or many, she will realize within herself the courage, self-compassion, humility, and strength of character to share what is in her mind and heart.
- Sisters’ Voices is a creative, collaborative community of girls, their families, and adults who support them. We value each person’s full engagement, willingness to take risks, and growth. We want each singer to make strong connections with other singers and adult leaders, trust each other, and have fun.
- We see ourselves as part of a global community; we look beyond our own culture and time to gather information and build new understanding, and we value engagement within our local towns to strengthen the communities in which we live.
- We believe that people build true confidence with the development of competence, and we strive to perform music as well as we are able, both individually and as ensembles.
- We know that using our voices well means that we take responsibility for our words and actions, and we strive to be worthy of trust, both personally and as an organization.
- Sisters’ Voices adults continually monitor each singer’s musical progress and social engagement in the Sisters’ Voices community, and we hope for growth in these areas. We measure our success, in addition to growing musical skills, by gauging trust-worthiness, singers’ support of each other, and each singer’s ability to measure risk and willingness take risks in pursuit of our shared goals of music making, supporting each other, and community.